Q.1:- What is meant by the term “Midnight Sun” ?
- Rising Sun
- Very Bright Moon
- Sun Shining in the Polar Circle for long time
Q.2:- Day and Night are equal at the ?
- Prime Meridian
Q.3:- A difference of 1 degree in longitude at the Equator is equivalent to nearly ?
- 101 km
- 111 km
- 121 km
- 125 km
Q.4:- In the Sun, heat and light are produced by ?
- Biological Reactions
- Chemical Reactions
- Nuclear Reactions
- Ionic Reactions
Q.5:- Why do we have a leap year every four years ?
- The Earth gets shifted out of orbit every four years
- The revolution slows down a little once every four years
- The length of a year is not an integer number of days
- It is a convention
Q.6:- Quartz composed of which two elements ?
- Iron and Magnesium
- Iron and Oxygen
- Oxygen and Silicon
- Silicon and Iron
Q.7:- The most abundant element is ?
Q.8:- The concept of Ice Age was first put forward by ?
- Jean De Charpentier
- James Geike
- De Geer
Q.9:- Earthquake is caused by ?
- Disturbance of Earth Surface
- Adjustment of layers of Earth Crust
- Breakage of rock system
- Upliftment of rocks
Q.10:- Hawaii Islands are known for active volcanoes because ?
- They are located in the subduction zone of covering plates
- Faults and fractures are found there
- They are situated over a hot plume
- They are situated on a mild oceanic ridge with rising convective currents
Q.11:- The study of lakes is called ?
Q.12:- Contour line is the imaginary line joining places of equal ?
Q.13:- Sedimentary rocks are formed when sediments become compressed and cemented together in a process known as ?
Q.14:- Sedimentary rocks are characterised by ?
- Crystalline nature
- Coarse texture
- Previous nature
Q.15:- The formation of ‘Mushroom Rock’ in desert region is an example of ?
Q.16:- Ice cap is applied to ?
- It is applied to an ice plate limited to high mountains and plateaus
- It is applied to an ice plate confined to hills
- It is applied to an ice place to the mountain of medium height
- None of these
Q.17:- Playas are depressions formed due to ?
- Deflating action of winds
- Glacial Erosion
- River Erosion
- Marine Erosion
Q.18:- The plain formed due to coalescence of series of alluvial fans in the piedmont zone is known as ?
Q.19:- Which one of the following is depositional landform ?
Q.20:- Which Island is a part of the Australian State ?
- Santa Cruz Island
- New Guinea
- Loyalty Island
Q.21:- Rift Valley or Grabin is the result of ?
- Presence of lakes in the surrounding area
- None of these
Q.22:- When does escarpment develop ?
- When a block steps down along a fault plane
- When a block moves down vertically along a fault plane
- When a block moves horizontally along a fault plane
- When a block moves upward along a fault plane
Q.23:- Dome mountains are results of ?
- Intrusion of Magma
- Friction at the joints of the rocks
Q.24:- ‘Water Table’ refers to ?
- The lower limit of the zone of saturation
- The upper limit of the zone of saturation
- Seepage of water into fissures lying underground
- The contact zone of the permeable and impermeable rocks
Q.25:- The ocean relief is generally ?
- More diverse than that of the continents
- More uniform than that of the continents
- Showing minor variations only
- Not much of a significance