SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) TIER I General Knowledge- Re-Exam 2013 – Held on 20 July 2014 I Shift. Previous Years Solved Questions Papers.
Q.1:- Wildlife Protection Act was implemented in India in ?
Q.2:- Which one of the following is a Sedimentary Rock ?
Q.3:- Highly specialized form of agriculture in which crops like coffee, tea and rubber are cultivated refer to ?
- Multiple cropping
- Plantation agriculture
- Terrace farming
- Extensive farming
Q.4:- International Ozone Day is celebrated on ?
- 5th September
- 16th September
- 11th September
- 20th September
Q.5:- In India, there are many coal fields found in ?
- Cauvery Valley
- Krishna Valley
- Ganga Valley
- Damodar Valley
Q.6:- The newly hatched tadpole breaths through its ?
- External Gills
- Internal Gills
- All of the above
Q.7:- Virus in Latin means ?
Q.8:- The biological process in which both aerobes and anaerobes degrade organic matter is ?
Q.9:- Statement I : Complex tissue is made up of more than one type of cells.
Statement II : Meristems are examples of permanent tissue.
- Statement I is correct, but statement II is incorrect.
- Statement I is incorrect, but Statement II is correct.
- Both statements I and II are correct.
- Both statements I and II are incorrect.
Q.10:- The cuticle is absent in ?
Q.11:- Intercalary meristems are found in ?
- Lateral Bud
- Terminal Bud
- Inter Node
Q.12:- Super Conductors are substances that ?
- Offer minimum resistance to flow of electric current
- Conduct electricity at low temperature
- Conduct electricity at high temperature
- Offer high resistance to the flow of electric current
Q.13:- A thin oil film on a water surface appears coloured because of ?
Q.14:- A tachometer is a device used to measure ?
- Gravitational Pull
- Speed of Rotation
- Surface Tension
- Dispersive Power
Q.15:- When cathode rays strike a target of high atomic weight, they give rise to ?
- Alpha rays
- Beta and Gama Rays
- X Rays
- Positive Rays
Q.16:- Different computers are connected to a LAN by a cable and a ?
- Interface Card
- Special Wires
- Telephone Lines
Q.17:- Which one of the following was the top exporter company of software in 2001 in India ?
Q.18:- The major use of sulphur is in the manufacture of ?
Q.19:- Atoms of different elements have ?
- Same atomic number and same electronic configuration
- Different atomic number and same electronic configuration
- Different atomic number and different number of valence electrons
- Same number of electrons and neutrons
Q.20:- Which of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
- Vitamin-A : Scurvy
- Vitamin-B : Rickets
- Vitamin-C: Night Blindness
- Vitamin-E : Reproduction
Q.21:- Organic compounds are ?
- Covalent compounds
- Ionic compounds
- Co-ordination compounds
- Interstitial compounds
Q.22:- Major pesticidal properties are present in ?
Q.23:- The ‘Greenhouse Effect’ is mainly due to increase in atmospheric ?
- Sulphur Dioxide
- Carbon Dioxide
Q.24:- Which of the following is not dealt under Section 3(3) of the Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 ?
- The Biodiversity Authority
- The Coastal Zone Management Authority
- Authority set-up to monitor the State of Notified Ecologically Sensitive Areas
- Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Right Authority
Q.25:- Which of the following statements is true ?
- Animals worry about raising their family
- Animals make several feeding trips in a day
- Animals often behave sensibly
- Animals do not know meaning of brotherhood
Q.26:- Green blocks are referred to ?
- Green Cover
- Green Ministry
- Pro-Biotic Curd
Q.27:- India Celebrated its “Polio Free Status” during the month of ?
- December 2013
- January 2013
- January 2010
- February 2014
Q.28:- Telangana State is the bifurcation of ?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
- Odisha and Tamil Nadu
Q.29:- Which of the following is not correct ?
- CISF – Central Industrial Security Force
- BSF – Border Security Force
- UNDP – United Nation’s Development Project
- SIT – Special Investigation Team
Q.30:- A book entitled “The Hindus : An Alternative History” is written by ?
- Shobha De
- R. Ambedkar
- Wendy Doniger
- Salman Rushdie
Q.31:- The father of Economics is ?
- Adam Smith
- M. Keynes
- Karl Marx
Q.32:- Which country awards Nobel Prize ?
Q.33:- The first nuclear explosion in India was conducted at ?
Q.34:- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana was introduced in ?
- Fifth Five Year Plan
- Sixth Five Year Plan
- Seventh Five Year Plan
- Eighth Five Year Plan
Q.35:- The sweetmeat is referred to ?
- Camel Meat
- Goat Meat
- Feta Cheese
- Petha of Agra
Q.36:- Capital market deals with ?
- Short term fund
- Long term fund
- Both long and short term funds
Q.37:- The new Agriculture Strategy in India was introduced in ?
Q.38:- The sale of branded articles is common in a situation of ?
- Excess capacity
- Monopolistic competition
- Pure competition
Q.39:- Production refers to ?
- Destruction of utility
- Creation of utilities
- Exchange value
- Use of a product
Q.40:- The law of diminishing returns applies to ?
- Industrial sector
- Agricultural sector
- Service Sector
- All of the above
Q.41:- Bureaucracy literally means a system of government by ?
- Elected representative
- Nominated representative
- Group of landlords
Q.42:- A federal government is in the shape of ?
- Command by the centre
- Appeal from the states
- Agreement between the Centre and the States
- Single Party Rule
Q.43:- Parliamentary or Presidential Government can be distinguished mainly by ?
- Its federal nature
- The rigidity of the constitution
- The employer-employee relations
- The legislative executive relations
Q.44:- The phrase “Equality Before Law” used in Article-14 of Indian Constitution has been borrowed from ?
Q.45:- Who said, “The State exists because crime exists in society, otherwise there would be no need of a State ?
- Herbert Spencer
- S. Mill
- John Locke
Q.46:- The Quit India Resolution (1942) proposed the starting of a non-violent mass struggle on the widest possible scale. Who gave the mantra “Do or Die” for this struggle ?
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Q.47:- Napoleon got finally overthrown in the Battle of Waterloo in the year ?
Q.48:- Who was the first Woman President of India National Congress ?
- Sarojini Naidu
- Sucheta Kripalani
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
- Annie Besant
Q.49:- The famous Sun Temple at Konark was built by ?
- Narasimha – I
- Narasimha – II
Q.50:- Ashok spread Buddhism all over India and Ceylon by ?
- Teaching the Triratnas
- Sending the Dharma Mahamatras
- Waging wars
- Becoming a Buddhist Monk