Q.1 :- A movement along the demand curve of a commodity occurs due to change in ?
- Income of the consumers
- Its own price
- Taste of the consumers
- Expectations of the consumers
Q.2:- GNP calculation through Expenditure Method does not include ?
- Gross Domestic Private Investments
- Net Foreign Investments
- Depreciation Expenditures
- Private Consumption Expenditure
Q.3:- The Cobb-Douglas Production function Q = ALak(1-a) is based on ?
- Increasing returns to scale
- Decreasing returns to scale
- Constant returns to scale
- Fluctuating returns to scale
Q.4:- Find the odd one out of the following ?
- Delhi Transport Corporation
- Indian Railways
- Kingfisher Airlines
- Reliance Industries Limited
Q.5:- Monetary Policy in India is laid down and executed by ?
- Union Government
- Reserve Bank of India
Q.6:- Which one of the following subjects is not available on the Union List ?
- Trade Union
- Foreign Loans
Q.7:- The term “Closure” in Parliamentary terminology implies ?
- The end of the session of Parliament
- Stoppage of debate on a motion
- End of a day’s proceedings
- None of the above
Q.8:- Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
- Article 14 – Equality before law
- Article 16 Equal Opportunities
- Article 17 – Abolition of Titles
- Article 18 – Permission of Military Titles
Q.9:- Which of the following Presidents held office for two consecutive terms ?
- S. Radhakrishnan
- Zakir Hussain
- Rajendra Prasad
- Both (1) and (3)
Q.10:- Which Amendment Act reduced the voting age from 21 to 18 ?
Q.11:- Match the following :
- Vikrama Era : I. A.D. 248
- Saka Era : II. A.D. 320
- Kalachuri Era : III. 58 B.C.
- Gupta Era : IV. A.D. 78
- 1-I, 2-II, 3-III, 4-IV
- 1-III, 2-IV, 3-I, 4-II
- 1-IV, 2-III, 3-II, 4-I
- 1-II, 2-I, 3-IV, 4-III
Q.12:- Mahavira was the ?
- 21st Tirthankara
- 24th Tirthankara
- 23rd Tirthankara
- 22nd Tirthankara
Q.13:- Which one among the following woman scholars challenged the invincible Yajnavalkya in debate ?
Q.14:- Which one of the following event made the crown of England to take over the Indian Administration ?
- Battle of Plassey
- Battle of Buxar
- The Carnatic Wars
- The Sepoy Mutiny
Q.15:- Who built the famous Dilwara temple at Mount Abu in Rajasthan in the 13th Century ?
Q.16:- GIS stands for ?
- Global Institute for Soils
- Geographical International Studies
- Geographical Information Systems
- Global Information Statistics
Q.17:- Which of the following is a Trans Himalayan River ?
Q.18:- Match the following using codes given below :
|List I||List II|
Q.19:- On which river is the Nagarjuna Sagar Project located ?
Q.20:- Suez Canal joins ?
- Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea
- Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea
- Mediterranean Sea and Black Sea
- Red Sea and Arabian Sea
Q.21:- Drug which helps to reduce anxiety and brings about calmness is ?
Q.22:- A keel is absent in ?
Q.23:- Broad spectrum antibiotics are produced by ?
Q.24:- The pigment that protect plants from harmful effect of ultraviolet rays is ?
Q.25:- Glycogen, starch and cellulose are polymers of ?
Q.26:- Black death is ?
Q.27:- Stars appear to move from east to west because the ?
- Whole universe is moving from east to west
- Earth is revolving round the Sun
- Earth is rotating from East to West
- Earth is rotating from West to East
Q.28:- On the moon, an astronaut cannot drink Lemonade with the help of a straw because ?
- Acceleration due to gravity on the moon is less
- There is no atmosphere on the moon
- Lemonade evaporates instantaneously on the moon
- None of the above
Q.29:- A particle moving with uniform speed ?
- Must have uniform velocity
- Cannot have uniform velocity
- May have uniform velocity
- Will have no velocity
Q.30:- Device which uses sound waves for detection and ranging is called ?
- None of the above
Q.31:- What is the name of the network topology in which there are bidirectional links between each possible node ?
Q.32:- LAN stands for ?
- Local Area Nodes
- Large Area Network
- Large Area Nodes
- Local Area Network
Q.33:- Dry Ice is nothing but ?
- Gaseous Carbon Dioxide
- Washing Soda
- Solid Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
Q.34:- Which one of the following is obtained as slag in a blast furnace ?
- Calcium Carbonate
- Calcium Sulphate
- Calcium Chloride
- Calcium Silicate
Q.35:- When H2 gas is allowed to expand from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure, the temperature of the gas ?
- Decreases to a small extent
- Does not change
- Decreases suddenly
Q.36:- In the industrial production of vegetable ghee, the process involved is ?
Q.37:- Which of the following weeds has been found used to check water pollution caused by industrial affluents ?
- Elephant Grass
- Water Hyacinth
- Both (1) and (2) Above
Q.38:- In which year the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant of the former USSR had accident that caused escape of radio nuclides into atmosphere ?
Q.39:- Certain desert lizards excrete their wastes in dry form. This serves as a mean of ?
- Protective mechanism against their predators
- Limiting factor of the organism
- Adaptation of the organism to the environment
- Countering the problem of food scarcity
Q.40:- Which one is regarded as “World Heritage Forest” ?
- Nandan Kanan in Odisha
- Kaziranga in Assam
- Sundarbans in West Bengal
- Indian Botanical Garden, Shibpur in West Bengal
Q.41:- Kidney can be taken from a dying person who has the ?
- Cessation of neurological function only
- Cessation of cardiac function only
- Cessation of respiratory function only
- Cessation of kidney function only
Q.42:- There is no life on moon because it has no ?
Q.43:- Losoong is a festival celebrated in ?
- Arunachal Pradesh
Q.44:- The commodity for which India spends the largest amount to import is ?
- Crude Petroleum
- Iron and Steel
Q.45:- In which categories did Marie Curie win her two different Nobel Prizes ?
- Physics and Chemistry
- Chemistry and Medicine
- Physics and Medicine
- Chemistry and Peace
Q.46:- Michael Phelps won _____ gold medals in swimming events in the Beijing Olympics.
Q.47:- Spot the odd one from the following ?
Q.48:- Which one of the following players has the unique distinction of winning 50 Doubles Titles in ATP tour history ?
- Leander Paes
- Andy Roddick
- Novak Djokovic
- Roger Federer
Q.49:- As per the 2011, census, the state with the largest gap in male and female literacy is ?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Q.50:- Which among the following is termed ‘Hot Money’ ?