Q.1:- Ball pen functions on the principle of ?
- Boyle’s law
- Gravitational force
- Surface tension
Q.2:- As we go from Equator to North pole the value of ‘g’, the acceleration due to gravity ?
- Remains the same
- None of the above
Q.3:- The best conductor of electricity among the following is ?
Q.4:- A water tank appears shallower when it is viewed from top due to ?
- Rectilinear propagation of light
- Total internal reflection
Q.5:- A black body can absorb radiations of ?
- Lower wavelength only
- Intermediate wavelengths only
- Higher wavelengths only
- All wavelengths
Q.6:- The Newton’s First Law is also called as ?
- Law of moments
- Law of Inertia
- Law of energy
- Law of momentum
Q.7:- If we want to calculate the pressure of a liquid at the bottom of a vessel, the quantity which is not required to determine it, is ?
- Height of the liquid column
- Surface area of the bottom of the vessel
- Density of the liquid
- Acceleration due to gravity at the bottom of the vessel
Q.8:- Moving electric charge produces ?
- Magnetic field
- Sound waves
- Light rays
- Heat waves
Q.9:- What happens to a liquid, when the vapour pressure equals the atmospheric pressure ?
- The liquid cools
- The liquid boils
- No change
- The liquid evaporates
Q.10:- When a person sitting on a swing stands up on the swing, the frequency of oscillation ?
- Becomes Infinite
- Does not change
Q.11:- The blue colour of water in the sea is due to ?
- Absorption of other colours except blue by water molecules
- Scattering of blue light by water molecules
- Reflection of blue light by impurities in sea water
- Reflection of blue sky by sea water
Q.12:- Energy in reflected light ?
- Does not depends on the angle of incidence
- Increases with the increase in angle
- Decreases with the increase in angle of incidence
- Becomes maximum for angle of incidence equal to 45o
Q.13:- Radioactive elements can be traced out in living cell through a technique called ?
- Auto Radiography
- All of the above
Q.14:- Persistence of vision is the principle behind ?
Q.15:- The wavelength at which the peak of intensity of blackbody radiation occurs ?
- Increases with increase in temperature
- Decreases with increase in temperature
- Is the same at all temperatures
- Does not follow any pattern as temperature changes
Q.16:- In the remote control of television, electromagnetic waves used are ?
- Radio wave
Q.17:- A light ray travelling from denser to rarer medium at an angle of incidence more than critical angle of concerned media pair suffers.
- Total internal reflection
Q.18:- Dioptere is the unit of ?
- Power of a lens
- Focal length of a lens
- Light intensity
- Sound intensity
Q.19:- Rocket works on the principle of ?
- Newton’s Third Law
- Newton’s First Law
- Newton’s Second Law
- Archimedes’ Principle
Q.20:- The threshold frequency is the frequency below which ?
- Photo current increases with voltage
- Photo current decreases with voltage
- Photo electric emission is not possible
- Photo current is constant
Q.21:- The motion of body around a circular path is an example of ?
- Uniform velocity, variable acceleration
- Uniform speed, uniform velocity
- Uniform speed, variable velocity
- Uniform speed, variable acceleration
Q.22:- An object which absorbs all colours and reflects non appears ?
Q.23:- If an electron and a photon have the same wavelength, then they will have the same ?
- Linear Momentum
- Angular Momentum
Q.24:- The cooling by a desert cooler is based on ?
- Hot air replacement
- Air dehydration
- Evaporative cooling
- Air Rehydration
Q.25:- The redness in atmosphere at sunrise and sunset is due to ?
- Refraction of light
- Reflection of light
- Dispersion of light
- Scattering of light