Q.1:- Rain drop falls from great height. Which among the following statements is true regarding it ?
- They fall with that ultimate velocity, which are different for different droplets
- They fall with same ultimate velocity
- Their velocity increases and they fall with different velocity on the earth
- Their velocity increases and they fall with same velocity on the earth
Q.2:- How much calorie of energy is released by a boiled egg ?
Q.3:- A boat will submerge when it displaces water equal to its own ?
- Surface area
Q.4:- What apparatus is used to locate a submerged object ?
Q.5:- The substance which conducts current in the solid state is ?
- Sodium Chloride
Q.6:- What is colour of light related to ?
Q.7:- The different colours of different stars are due to the variation of ?
- Radiation from them
Q.8:- Holography is a technique of ?
- Recording a permanent, sharp two dimensional black and white or multicolour photograph
- Recording a permanent three dimensional multicolour photograph
- Recording a permanent three dimensional black and white photograph
- Recording permanent three dimensional photograph of a given single colour or a multicolour
Q.9:- Which of the following laws validates the statement that matter can neither be created nor destroyed ?
- Law of conservation of energy
- Le Chatelier’s Principle
- Law of conservation of mass
- Law of Osmosis
Q.10:- The reason for a swimming pool to appear less deep than the actual depth is ?
- Light Scattering
Q.11:- Which colour is the complementary colour of yellow ?
Q.12:- Alternating current is converted into direct current by a ?
Q.13:- Why two thin shirts can keep us warmer than a single thick shirt in winter ?
- Two thin shirts become thicker so prevent transmission of heat
- Air layer between two shirts works as good conductor
- Air layer between two shirts behaves like insulating media
- No radiation of heat takes place
Q.14:- One can distinguish a telescope from a microscope by observing ?
- Size of the lens
- Length and size of the lens
Q.15:- Refrigeration is a process which ?
- Kills bacteria
- Slow down the bacterial growth
- Inactivates the bacteria
- Plasmolyses the bacteria
Q.16:- When a pail of water is swung in a vertical circle, the water does not fall out at the top of the loop when the speed is ?
- Below a certain minimum value irrespective of amount of water in the pail
- Above a certain minimum value irrespective of amount of water in the pail
- Above a certain minimum value depending on amount of water in the pail
- Below a certain minimum value depending on amount of water in the pail
Q.17:- Electric current in a metal wire is due to the flow of ?
Q.18:- In a diesel engine the high temperature needed to ignite the fuel is achieved by ?
- Using heat from exhaust
- The battery
- Compressing air in the cylinders
- An electrical spark
Q.19:- Which of the following liquids is most viscous ?
Q.20:- Steam at 100 deg C causes more severe burns than water at 100 deg C because ?
- Steam has no specific heat capacity
- Steam has latent heat of vaporisation
- Water has no specific heat capacity
- Water has latent heat of fusion
Q.21:- When a running car stops suddenly, the passengers tends to lean forward because of ?
- Centrifugal force
- Inertia of rest
- Inertia of motion
- Gravitational force
Q.22:- A small gap is left at the joints of rails in a railway track to ?
- Avoid the tracks being distorted due to seasonal temperature variation
- Avoid the heating of tracks to high temperature
- Control the speed of train
- Keep the rails equidistant
Q.23:- The wall of a dam is made thicker at the bottom than at the top because the pressure exerted by the water on the wall ?
- Depends on the thickness of the wall
- Increases with height of the wall
- Increases with depth of the wall
- Depends on the area of the wall
Q.24:- Light scattering takes place in ?
- Colloidal solutions
- Acidic Solutions
- Electrolyte Solutions
- Basic Solutions
Q.25:- A wheel barrow is an example of ?
- Class III lever
- Pulley system
- Class I lever
- Class II lever