Q.1:- Which of the following is not included in the Directive Principles of State Policy ?
- Prohibition of Liquor
- Right to work
- Equal wage for equal work
- Right to information
Q.2:- Which one of the following statements correctly describes the Fourth Schedule of the Constitution of India ?
- It lists the distribution of powers between the Union and the States
- It contains the languages listed in the Constitution
- It contains the provisions regarding administration of Tribal areas
- It allocates seats in the Council of States
Q.3:- “It shall be the duty of every citizen of India to protect and improve the natural environment”. This statement refers to which of the following Articles of the Constitution of India ?
- Article 21
- Article 48 A
- Article 51 A
- Article 56
Q.4:- The power to curve out a new State is vested in ?
- The Parliament
- The President
- The Council of Ministers
- State’s Reorganisation Commission
Q.5:- Provision regarding Municipalities Panchayats was made in the Indian Constitution in which year ?
Q.6:- Who was the Prime Minister of India when the Anti-Defection Bill was passed ?
- Indira Gandhi
- Rajiv Gandhi
- P. Singh
- D. Deve Gowda
Q.7:- Which Constitutional Amendment deleted the Right to Property from the list of Fundamental Rights ?
- 42nd Amendment
- 43rd Amendment
- 44th Amendment
- 62nd Amendment
Q.8:- By which one of the following Constitutional Amendments Delhi has become National Capital Region (NCR) ?
- 61st Amendment
- 69th Amendment
- 71st Amendment
- 79th Amendment
Q.9:- The Unitary System of Government possesses which of the following advantages ?
- Greater adaptability
- Strong State
- Greater Participation by the people
- Lesser chances of authoritarianism
Q.10:- The concept of Judicial Review in our Constitution has been taken from the Constitution of ?
Q.11:- A Money Bill in the Indian Parliament can be introduced only with the recommendation of the ?
- Prime Minister
- Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Union Finance Minister
Q.12:- ‘Votes on Account’ permits Union Government to ?
- Go for public loan
- Borrow money from the Reserve Bank of India
- Give grants in aid to States
- Withdraw money from Consolidated Fund of India for specific period
Q.13:- The Committee of Parliament on Official Language comprises the members ?
- 20 from Lok Sabha and 10 from Rajya Sabha
- 10 from Lok Sabha and 20 from Rajya Sabha
- 10 from Lok Sabha and 10 from Rajya Sabha
- 20 from Lok Sabha and 20 from Rajya Sabha
Q.14:- What was the reason for Gandhiji’s support to decentralisation of power ?
- Decentralisation ensures more participation of the people into democracy
- India had decentralisation of power in the past
- Decentralisation was essential for the economic development of the country
- Decentralisation can prevent communalism
Q.15:- Which of the following is a source of income of the Gram Panchayats ?
- Income Tax
- Sales Tax
- Professional Tax
- Levy Duties
Q.16:- Which of the following States started the Panchayati Raj institutions soon after the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act was passed ?
- West Bengal
Q.17:- The main purpose of Panchayati Raj is ?
- To create employment
- To increase agricultural production
- To make people politically conscious
- To make people participate in developmental administration
Q.18:- Which one of the following expenditures is not charged on the Consolidated Fund of India ?
- Salary and allowances of the President of India
- Salary and allowances of the Vice-President of India
- Salary and allowances of the Justice of the Supreme Court of India
- Salary and allowances of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Q.19:- The finance commission ?
- Draws up Five Year Plans
- Formulates Monetary Policy
- Recommends pay revision of Central Government Employees
- Adjudicates on the sharing of resources between Centre and the States
Q.20:- Consider the following statements with regard to the Planning Commission (PC) and Finance Commission (FC) and state which of these statements is not correct ?
- Both PC and FC are institutions for the transfer of resources from centre to the states
- Recommendations given by both are binding on the Government
- While PC is a permanent body FC is constituted every 5 years
- FC awards non-plan resources while PC allocates plan resources
Q.21:- Fiscal policy refers to ?
- Agricultural Fertilizer Policy
- Rural Credit Policy
- Interest Policy
- Related to revenue and expenditure policy of the Government
Q.22:- The Nehru-Liaquat Pact between India and Pakistan was signed in 1950 to resolve the issue of ?
- The Protection of minorities
- The accession of Princely States
- The border disputes
- The problem of refugees
Q.23:- The Liberhan Commission is related to ?
- Fodder scan
- Administrative Tribunals
- Babri Masjid demolition
- Reservation of minorities
Q.24:- Which among the following is the correct expression of the term ‘Secular’ in India ?
- India has many religion
- Indians have religious freedom
- To follow the religion depends upon the will of an individual
- There is no religion of the State in India
Q.25:- Article 340 of the Constitution of India provides for the appointment of a commission to investigate the conditions for the improvement of ?
- Socially and educationally backward classes
- Socially and economically backward classes
- Educationally and economically backward classes
- Scheduled castes and scheduled tribes