Q.1:- Which of the following organisations / banks has done a commendable work in the field of micro-finance was awarded Nobel Prize also in the past ?
- Grameen Bank of Bangladesh
- None of these
Q.2:- Which of the following is not the part of the scheduled banking structure in India ?
- Money Lenders
- Public Sector Banks
- Private Sector Banks
- Regional Rural Banks
- State Co-operative Banks
Q.3:- Reverse Repo Rate means ?
- Injecting liquidity by the Central Bank of a country through purchase of Government Securities
- Absorption of liquidity from the market by sale of Government Securities
- Balancing liquidity with a view to enhance economic growth rate
- Improving the position of availability of the securities in the market
- Any of the above
Q.4:- Insurance service was provided by various bank is commonly known as ?
- Investment Banking
- Portfolio Management
- Merchant Banking
- Micro Finance
Q.5:- Which of the following rates / ratios is not covered under the Monetary and Credit Policy of RBI ?
- Bank Rate
- Repo Rate
- Cash Reserve Ratio
- Reverse Repo Rate
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currencies
Q.6:- The term Plastic Money applies to ?
- Bank draft made of plastic coated paper
- Currency notes impregnated with plastic thread
- Currency notes printed on plastic coated paper
- Credit cards mainly issued by the banks
Q.7:- Which one of the following banks give long term loans to agriculture ?
- State Co-operative Bank
- Commercial Bank
- Primary Credit Society
- Land Development Bank
Q.8:- With reference to the institution of Banking Ombudsman in India, which one of the statements is not correct ?
- The Banking Ombudsman is appointed by the Reserve Bank of India
- The Banking Ombudsman can consider complaints from Non-Resident Indians having accounts in India
- The service provided by the Banking Ombudsman is free of any fee
- The orders passed by the Banking Ombudsman are final and binding on the parties concerned
Q.9:- Interest on public debt is a part of ?
- Transfer payments by the enterprises
- Transfer payments by the Government
- National Income
- Interest payment by house-holds
Q.10:- Finance Commission is constituted ? [SSC Tax Assit. 2008]
- Every Year
- One in two years
- Once in four years
- Once in five years
Q.11:- The lowering of Bank Rate by the Reserve Bank of India leads to ?
- More liquidity in the market
- Less liquidity in the market
- No change in the liquidity in the market
- Mobilization of more deposits by commercial banks
Q.12:- Which of the following commission set up by the President of India decides the distribution of tax incomes between the Central and State Governments ?
- Central Law Commission
- Pays Commission for Government Employees
- Administrative Reform Commission
- Planning Commission
- Finance Commission
Q.13:- Fiscal deficit is ?
- Total income less Government borrowing
- Total payments less total receipts
- Total payments less capital receipts
- Total expenditure less total receipts excluding borrowing
- None of these
Q.14:- The basic aim of Lead Bank Scheme is that ?
- Big banks should try to open offices in each district
- There should be stiff competition among the various nationalized banks
- Individual banks should adopt particular districts for intensive development
- All the banks should make intensive efforts to mobilize deposits
Q.15:- As we all known, Government of India pays special emphasis on the management of Fiscal Deficit. What is Fiscal Deficit ?
- The gap between projected or estimated GDP and Actual GDP
- The gap between the total number and value of the currency notes issued by the RBI until now over the number and value of those which are in actual circulation
- The gap between the actual borrowings of the Government of India and the expected expenditure for which provision is made in the budget
- Excess of Government’s disbursement comprising current and capital expenditures over its current receipts (Tax / Non-Tax Receipts)
- None of these
Q.16:- 13th Finance Commission has been constituted under the Chairmanship of ? [UP PCS Special (Pre) 2004; 2008]
- S.P. Thorat
- Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- Vijay L. Kelkar
Q.17:- ‘Economics is what it ought to be’. This statement refer to ?
- Normative Economics
- Positive Economics
- Monetary Economics
- Fiscal Economics
Q.18:- Production is at socially ideal level under ?
- Monopolistic Competition
- Oligopolistic Competition
- Perfect Competition
Q.19:- Nobel Prize in which field is not paid out of the endowment set up by Dr. Alfred Nobel ?
Q.20:- When the growth of GDP in a country slows down suddenly, people start losing their jobs and the situation continues for several weeks, what name is given to this state of economy ?
- Economic Boom
- None of these
Q.21:- Who was the author of the book ‘India’s Economic Policy : The Gandhian Blue Print’ ?
- Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Jai Prakash Narayan
- Man Mohan Singh
- Acharya Vinoba Bhave
Q.22:- Rise in the price of a commodity means ?
- Rise in the value of currency only
- Fall in the value of currency only
- Rise in the value of commodity only
- Fall in the value of currency and rise in the value of commodity
Q.23:- Which sector of Indian Economy contributes largest to the Gross National Product ?
- Primary Sector
- Secondary Sector
- Tertiary Sector
- Public Sector
Q.24:- GDP at factor cost is ?
- GDP minus indirect taxes plus subsidies
- GNP minus depreciation allowances
- NNP plus depreciation allowances
- GDP minus subsidies plus indirect taxes
Q.25:- National Income is based on the ?
- Total revenue of the State
- Production of goods and services
- Net profit earned and expenditure made by the state
- The sum of all factions of income