Q.1:- The main objective of the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-2017) is ?
- Inclusive growth and poverty reduction
- Inclusive and sustainable growth
- Sustainable and inclusive growth to reduce unemployment
- Faster, sustainable and more inclusive growth
Q.2:- In which Five Year Plan, Economic Development Rate was maximum ? [UP PCS (Main) 2007; UP PCS (Main) 2009]
- First Five Year Plan
- Fourth Five Year Plan
- Sixth Five Year Plan
- Tenth Five Year Plan
Q.3:- The theme of the approach paper of the Eleventh Five Year Plan has been ?
- Indicative Planning
- Growth with Social Justice
- Towards faster and more inclusive growth
- Planning for prosperity
Q.4:- Which of the following is an extra constitutional body ?
- Union Public Service Commission
- Finance Commission
- Election Commission
- Planning Commission
Q.5:- The real introduction of Decentralized Planning in India was made for the first time during the ?
- 7th Plan
- 8th Plan
- 9th Plan
- 10th Plan
Q.6:- Which State of India has recorded the highest rate of population growth in the last Census 2001 ? [SSC 2006; Utt. PSC 2006]
Q.7:- Identify the Indian State which has the lowest sex ratio ? [SSC 2006]
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Q.8:- Which one of the following is the correct sequence of Union Territories of India in the increasing order of their area ? [CDS Exam 2007]
- Lakshadweep – Chandigarh-Puducherry-Andman and Nicobar Islands
- Lakshadweep-Chandigarh-Andman and Nicobar Islands-Puducherry
- Puducherry-Lakshadweep-Chandigarh-Andman and Nicobar Islands
- Puducherry-Chandigarh-Andman and Nicobar Islands-Lakshadweep
Q.9:- What is the sex ratio in India as per Census 2001 ? [46th BPSC 2004]
- 933 females per 1000 males
- 945 females per 1000 males
- 964 females per 1000 males
- 985 females per 1000 males
Q.10:- What is the correct sequence of the most populous States of India according to Census data of 2001 ? [Utt. PSC (Pre) 2005]
- Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar
- Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar
Q.11:- India is regarded as a country with ‘Demographic Divide’. This is due to ?
- Its high population in the age group below 15 years
- Its high population in the age group of 15-64 years
- Its high population in the age group above 65 years
- Its high total population
Q.12:- The Tehri Hydro Power Complex is located in the State of ?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
Q.13:- Which one of the following National Highways is the longest ?
Q.14:- As per the newspaper reports, the Government of India made an auction of the third Generation (3G) Spectrum recently. Which of the following ministries was actively involved in the process ? [SBI PO 2010]
- Ministry of Heavy Industries
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
Q.15:- Which of the following is not a component of Bharat Nirman Programme ? [UP PCS (Main) Exam 2008 ]
- Agro-based industries
- Rural Electrification
- Rural housing
- Rural telephony
Q.16:- Among other things, which one of the following was the purpose for which the Deepak Parekh Committee was constituted ? [UPSC 2009]
- To study the current socio-economic conditions of certain minority communities
- To suggest measures for financing the development of infrastructure
- To frame a policy on the production of genetically modified organisms
- To suggest measures to reduce the fiscal deficit in the Union Budget
Q.17:- Which of the following is not a social development scheme launched by the Government of India ? [SBI Clerk 2009]
- Indira Awas Yojana
- Kutir Jyoti
- Operation Black Board
- Mid-Day Meal Scheme
- Look East Policy
Q.18:- Which of the following represents ‘T’ in the abbreviation IRDP ?
Q.19:- ‘Food for Work Programme’ was introduced during which one of the following Five Year Plans ?
Q.20:- The major thrust of Jawahar Rojgar Yojana (JRY) is on ? [CDS 2010]
- Providing training to rural youth for self-employment
- Creating additional wage employment opportunities in rural areas
- Creating employment opportunities in urban areas
- Removal of poverty among the Scheduled Castes in rural areas
Q.21:- In a company the use of price sensitive corporate information by the company people to make gains or cover losses is known as ?
- Inside Trading
- Future Trading
- Foreign Trading
- Stock Trading
- None of these
Q.22:- Which of the following policies of the financial sectors is basically designed to transfer local financial assets into foreign financial assets freely and market determined exchange rates? Policy of ? [Indian Overseas Bank PO 2009]
- Capital Account Convertibility
- Financial Deficit Management
- Minimum Support Price
- Restrictive Trade Practices
- None of these
Q.23:- Many a time we read in the newspapers a term ‘Hot Money’. Which of the following is the correct definition of Hot Money ?
- This is the fund which is dumped into a country to get the advantage of a favourable interest rate and hence brings higher returns.
- This is the fund which is provided by a bank in US Dollar at very short notices and a at very high rate of interest and for a longer period of repayment.
- This is the fund which is pushed into market through Hawala or some other such illegal method and is sometimes referred to also as Black Money.
- Both ‘A’ and ‘B’
- Both ‘A’ and ‘C’
Q.24:- What is an Indian Depository Receipt (IDR) ?
- A deposit account with a public sector bank
- A depository account with any of the Depositories in India
- An instrument in the form of depository receipt created by an Indian depository against underlying equity shares of the issuing company.
- An instrument in the form of deposit receipt issued by Indian depositors
- None of these
Q.25:- Which of the following cannot be called a Debt Instrument as referred in financial transactions ?
- Certified of Deposits
- Commercial Papers