Q.1:- The Rolling Plan concept in national planning was introduced by ?
- Indira Gandhi Government
- The National Front Government
- The Janata Party Government
- Rajiv Gandhi Government
Q.2:- The Second Five Year Plan was based on ?
- Mahalanobis Model
- Vakil and Brahmananda’s Wage – Goods Model
- Harrod – Domar Growth Model
- Solow Growth Model
Q.3:- The term ‘Mixed Economy’ denoted ?
- Existence of both rural and urban sectors
- Existence of both private and public sectors
- Existence of both heavy and small industries
- Existence of both developed and underdeveloped sectors
Q.4:- Which is not included in the private income arising in a country ?
- Factor income from net domestic product
- Net factor income from abroad
- Current transfer from Government
- Current Payments on foreign loans
Q.5:- Economic liberalisation in India started with ?
- Substantial changes in industrial licensing policy
- The convertibility of India rupee
- Doing away with procedural formalities for foreign direct investment
- Significant reduction in tax rates
Q.6:- Per Capita Income is obtained by dividing National Income by ?
- Total population of the country
- Total working population
- Area of the country
- Volume of the capital used
Q.7:- Depreciation is equal to ?
- Gross National Product – Net National Product
- Net National Product – Gross National Product
- Gross National Product – Personal Income
- Personal Income – Personal Taxes
Q.8:- Which one of the following is not within the duties of the Planning Commission ?
- To define the state of growth and suggest allocation of resources
- To make an assessment of the material, capital and human resources of the country
- To determine the nature of machinery required for implementation of plan proposals
- To prepare the annual central budget
Q.9:- A rolling plan refers to a plan which ?
- Does not change its targets every year
- Changes its allocations every year
- Changes its allocations and targets every year
- Changes only its targets every year
Q.10:- In which Five Year Plan, the main objective was the eradication of poverty ?
- Fourth Five Year Plan
- Fifth Five Year Plan
- Sixth Five Year Plan
- Seventh Five Year Plan
Q.11:- The Slogan ‘Garibi Unmulan’ (Poverty Eradication) was given in which Five Year Plan ?
- Second Plan
- Fourth Plan
- Fifth Plan
- Sixth Plan
Q.12:- ‘Twenty Point Programme’ (Beessutri Karyakrama) was first launched in the year ?
Q.13:- The most literate Union Territory in India is ?
Q.14:- Which of the final authorities in India to approve Five Year Plans ?
- Union Council of Ministers
- Planning Commission
- Prime Minister
- None of these
Q.15:- Primary emphasis during Second Plan was laid on the development of ?
- Rural Areas
- Basics and Key Industries
- Foreign Trade
- Consumer Industries
Q.16:- The three largest States of India in order of area are ?
- Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
- Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra
- Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan
Q.17:- The least populated State in India is ? [RRB Bangaluru Technical Trade 2008]
- None of these
Q.18:- By 2001 literacy average in India touched ? [UP PCS (Main) 2004; SSC Grad. 2006]
- 38% of the population
- 85% of the population
- 16% of the population
- 36% of the population
Q.19:- Which one of the following Union Territories of India has more females than males ? [UP PCS (Main) 2006; UP PCS (Pre) 2009]
Q.20:- Which State has the lowest literacy rate according to 2001 Census report ?
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Q.21:- In India, the highest decline in sex ratio during 1991-2001 has been observed in ?
- Himachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
Q.22:- Which one of the following statement is true ?
- As per 2001 Census the population density of India is 354 person / km square
- Bihar is the most densely populated State of India
- Uttar Pradesh has more than twice the population density of India
- Sikkim is the least densely populated State of the country
Q.23:- Which one of the following State is most urbanised as per 2001 Census report ?
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
Q.24:- The Buckingham Canal, which has been declared a National Waterway of India recently, is a canal running from ? [Indian Overseas Bank PO 2009]
- Punjab to Haryana
- Mumbai to Goa
- Vijayawada to Villupuram
- Cochin to Kozhikode
- Kanyakumari to Rameshwaram
Q.25:- Which State in India is estimated to have the largest coal reserves in India ? [SSC Grad. 2001; SSC Tax Assit. 2008]
- Madhya Pradesh