Q.1:- In which Indian State is the Vivekananda Rock Memorial located ?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q.2:- Which fruit or vegetable does not grow on a vine ?
Q.3:- ‘Baker’s Dozen’ Denotes’ ?
Q.4:- The first to propound the theory that the Sun is the centre of our Solar System and the Earth revolve around the Sun, was ?
Q.5:- Salar Jung Museum is located in ?
Q.6:- Pure water freezes at what temperature ?
- 47 F
- 32 F
- 0 F
- 19 F
Q.7:- Antrix Corporation, the marketing arm of ISRO is based at ?
Q.8:- Central Arid Zone Research institute is located in ?
- Madhya Pradesh
Q.9:- Uranium Corporation of India Limited is situated in ? (CDS Exams 2000)
- West Bengal
Q.10:- Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) established in 1947 is based at ?
Q.11:- Regional Research Laboratory is located at ?
- New Delhi
Q.12:- Jammu and Kashmir Rifles is ? [CDS (II) Exam 2016]
- An infantry regiment of the Indian Army
- A battalion of the Rashtriya Rifles
- The name of the Armed Police of the State of Jammu and Kashmir
- A parliamentary force under the Ministry of Home Affairs
Q.13:- Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
- Defence Service Staff College : Wellington
- Armed Forces Medical College : New Delhi
- Institution of National Integration : Pune
- High Altitude Warfare School : Gulmarg
Q.14:- Which of the following is / are wrong regarding the Brahmos Missile ? [IAS Exam 2003]
- It has been developed jointly by Russia
- It’s range is about 300 km
- It is a cruise missile
- All are correct
Q.15:- SIMBEX is an annual joint maritime bilateral exercise conducted between ? [CDS Exams 2011]
- China and India
- Singapore and Indonesia
- India and Singapore
- Malaysia and Thailand
Q.16:- The ‘Coast Guard’ was constituted as an independent Armed Force of India in ?
Q.17:- Who invented ‘Cinema’ ?
- William Murdock
- Nicolas and Jean Lumiere
- J. Brandenberger
- Thomas Alva Edison
Q.18:- The computer was invented by ?
- Michael Faraday
- Charles Babbage
- Chester Floyd Carlson
- Bill Gates
Q.19:- A close bottle containing water at room temperature was taken to the Moon and then the lid is opened. The water will ? [CDS Exam 2011]
- Decompose into Oxygen and Hydrogen
- Not Change at all
Q.20:- Genetically modified ‘Golden Rice’ has been engineered to meet human nutritional requirements. Which one of the following statements best qualifies golden rice ? [IAS Exam 2010]
- The grains have been fortified with genes to provide three times higher grain yield per acre than other high yielding varieties
- Its grains contain pro-vitamin A which upon ingestion is converted to Vitamin A in the human body
- Its modified genes cause the synthesis of all the nine essential amino acids
- Its modified genes cause the fortification of its grains with Vitamin D
Q.21:- ‘Bacteria’ was first discovered by ?
- Robert Hooke
- Robert Koch
- AV Leeuwenhoek
- Luis Pasteur
Q.22:- Who introduced the use of artificial heart for surgery ?
- Christian Barnard
- Michael De Bakey
- Walton Lillehel
- Denton Cooly
Q.23:- Which one of the following is the first geostationary telecommunication satellite of India ? [CDS Exam 2008]
Q.24:- Who is the author of the book ‘Nineteen Eighty Four’ ?
- Thomas Hardy
- George Orwell
- Emile Zola
- Walter Scott
Q.25:- Who is the author of the book ‘The Three Mistakes in My Life’ ? [SSC CHSL Exam 2015]
- Chetan Bhagat
- Jhumpa Lahiri
- Ruskin Bond
- Amrita Pritam