Q.1:- The neighbouring country of India which has the smallest area is ?
- Sri Lanka
Q.2:- Amarkantak plateu in the Maikal hills marks the origin of the river ?
Q.3:- Gurushikhar is a / the ?
- Shipping Yard of Andhra Pradesh
- Great Guru of Sikhs
- Famous hunting spot of Himalayas
- Highest peak of the Aravallis
Q.4:- Which one of the following pairs of islands is separated from each other by the “Ten Degree Channel” ?
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Nicobar and Sumatra
- Maldives and Lakshadweep
- Sumatra and Java
Q.5:- The Aravalli hills are located in ?
- Madhya Pradesh
Q.6:- In India, Regur soil is found in ?
- Deccan Plateau
- Indo-Gangetic Plain
- Himalayan Region
- Coastal Plain
Q.7:- Soil Erosion can be prevented by ?
- Increasing bird population
- Removal of vegetation
Q.8:- Which one is regarded as “World Heritage Forest” ?
- Nandan Kanan in Odisha
- Kaziranga in Assam
- Sundarbans in West Bengal
- Indian Botanical Garden, Shibpur in West Bengal
Q.9:- Two important rivers – one with its source in Jharkhand (and known by a different name in Odisha), and another, with its source in Odisha – merge at a place only a short distance from the coast of Bay of Bengal before flowing into the sea. This is an important site of wildlife and biodiversity and a protected area. Which one of the following could be this ? [IAS (Pre), 2011]
Q.10:- Silent Valley of Kerala ?
- is the only evergreen forest in India
- contains costly timer trees
- is a good picnic spot
- contains rare species of plants and animals
Q.11:- Which one of the following place is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone ?
Q.12:- Which of the following is considered to cause an adverse effect on India monsoon ?
- Jet Stream
- Monsoon Trough
- Tibet Plateau
Q.13:- The region which was monthly rainfall of 10-20 cm in October and November and less than 5 cm in rest of the month belong to the following states ?
- Tamil Nadu
- Odisha and West Bengal
Q.14:- Among the following regions of India, which one receives comparatively least amount of annual rainfall ?
- An 80 km wide coastal belt from Nellore to Point Calimere
- The middle and lower Asom valley
- North-Eastern Rajasthan
- The coastal plains of Gujarat south of Narmada
Q.15:- Which type of climate(s) prevail(s) in the long corridor (Leeward side) of the Western Ghats and the Nilgiri Hills ?
- Tropical wet and dry climate
- Tropical wet and dry with winter rain
- Tropical semi-arid steppe
- Sub-tropical monsoon rainforest
Q.16:- During winter North-Western part of India gets rainfall from ?
- Retreating Monsoon
- Western Disturbances
- Tropical Cyclones
Q.17:- What is the major cause of ‘October Heat’ ?
- Low pressure systems over the Indo-Gangetic Plains
- High temperature associated with high humidity
- Very low velocity winds
- Hot and dry weather
Q.18:- Which one of the following is the wettest place in India ?
Q.19:- The area with annual rainfall less than 50 cm in a year is ?
- Leh in Kashmir
- Konkan Coast
Q.20:- A devastating Cloud Burst swept over Leh on August 2010. Which one of the following statements with regard to Cloud Burst is not correct ?
- Cloud Burst is a localized weather phenomenon representing highly concentrated rainfall over a small area in a short duration of time
- Cloud Burst occurs due to upward movement of moisture-laden air with sufficient rapidity to form cumulonimbus clouds
- Cloud Burst occurs only in hilly areas
- There is no satisfactory technique till now for predicting Cloud Burst
Q.21:- Heavy rainfall during the months October and November is received by ?
- Gharo, Khasi and Jaintia Hills
- Chota Nagpur Plateau
- Coromandel Coast
- Malwa Plateau
Q.22:- ‘Mumbai High’ is associated with ?
Q.23:- The two states of India, most richly endowed with Iron Ore, are ?
- Bihar and West Bengal
- Madhya Pradesh and Odisha
- Bihar and Odisha
- Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal
Q.24:- Which one among the following States produces highest amount of Mica ? [SCRA 2012]
- Andhra Pradesh
Q.25:- Which one of the following National Parks has a climate that varies from tropical to subtropical, temperate and arctic ?
- Khangchendzonga National Park
- Nandadevi National Park
- Neora Valley National Park
- Namdapha National Park