Q.1:- Which is the leading state in India in “Ship Breaking” industry ?
- West Bengal
- Tamil Nadu
Q.2:- The cotton textile industry is based on the raw material which is a ?
- Weight loosing industry
- Weight gaining industry
- Weight constant industry
- None of these
Q.3:- Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
- Green Revolution – Agriculture
- White Revolution – Dairy
- Blue Revolution – Fisheries
- Red Revolution – Wool
Q.4:- Ship are repaired mainly at ?
- Mazgaon Dock at Mumbai
Q.5:- The satellite tracking and ranging station is located in ?
- Thumba (Trivandrum)
- Sriharikota (Andhra Pradesh)
- Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
- Kavalur (Tamil Nadu)
Q.6:- Which of the following is not a sea port ?
Q.7:- What is ‘Talcher’ important for ?
- Hydro-Electricity Generation
- Heavy Water Plant
- Atomic Reactor
- Cable Industry
Q.8:- The Earth Station for satellite communication is located at ?
- Mount Abu
Q.9:- The first industrial policy declaration laid stress on ?
- Mixed economy
- Capitalistic economy
- Socialistic economy
- None of the above
Q.10:- National Remote Sensing Agency is located in ?
Q.11:- Bhilai is associated with ?
- Cotton Industry
- Silk Industry
- Iron and Steel Industry
- Sugar Industry
Q.12:- The first railway in India ran between ?
- Rajmahal and Mugal Sarai
- Mumbai and Thane
- Agra and Delhi
- Chennai and Bangalore
Q.13:- Which of the following is not a correct statement ?
- Haldia is in W. Bengal
- Paradeep is in Assam
- Kandla is in Gujarat
- Marmagao is in Goa
Q.14:- The Uranium mines being developed by UCIL at Lambapur and Domiasiat are located, respectively, in which of the following states ?
- Jharkhand and Arunachal Pradesh
- West Bengal and Assam
- Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya
- Maharashtra and Sikkim
Q.15:- Ships are built in ?
Q.16:- Railway coaches are manufactured at ? [SSC (Tier-I) 2012]
Q.17:- Electric locomotives are manufactured at ?
Q.18:- Which state in India occupies the same ranking position in respect of area and population ?
Q.19:- AS per 2011 Census (provisional data), which of the following statements is incorrect ? [SSC (Nar) 2012]
- The overall illiteracy rate has gone up
- Kerala has the highest literacy rate
- Bihar has the lowest literacy rate
- Women out number men amongst the literates
Q.20:- In the context of India’s Five Year Plan, a shift in the pattern of industrialization, with lower emphasis on heavy industries and more on infrastructure begins in ? [IAS Exam 2010]
- Fouth Plan
- Sixth Plan
- Eight Plan
- Tenth Plan
Q.21:- TISCO plant is located near ?
Q.22:- ‘Yakuts’ are the nomadic herders of ?
Q.23:- Which one among the following may be considered a reason for India having ‘High Dependency’ ratio ? [CDS II Exam 2013]
- High rate of population growth
- Large section of population is in the age group of 0-14 years
- High percentage of population in the age group of 15-59 years
- Low pace of human resource development
Q.24:- About one-third of India’s cattle population is found in three States. They are ? [UPPCS Exam 2009]
- Bihar, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
- Punjab, Orissa and Rajasthan
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Rajasthan
Q.25:- The position of Indian Railways network in the world is ?