Q.1:- Ganga-Brahmaputra delta forest is known as ?
- Monsoon Forest
- Rain Forest
- Deciduous Forest
Ans:- (d) Sunderban
Q.2:- Which one of the following lakes in India has the highest water salinity ?
Ans:- (d) Sambhar
Q.3:- The lower Gangetic plain is characterized by humid climate with high temperature throughout the year. Which one among the following pairs of crops is most suitable for this region ?
- Paddy and Cotton
- Wheat and Jute
- Paddy and Jute
- Wheat and Cotton
Ans:- (c) Paddy and Jute
Q.4:- Daily weather map showing isobars is an example of ?
- Chropleth map
- Isopleth map
- Chrochramatic map
- Chroschematic map
Ans:- (a) Chropleth map
Q.5:- I.T.C. stands for ?
- Inter Transitional Centre
- Inter Tropical Convergence
- Inter Trade Centre
- Inter Transfer Centre
Ans:- (b) Inter Tropical Convergence
Q.6:- Which one of the following is the first National Park established in India ?
Ans:- (b) Corbett
Q.7:- What is chiefly found at Jharia in Jharkhand ?
Ans:- (d) Coal
Q.8:- Consider the following statements :
- Most of the coal and the ferrous group of minerals in India occur in the peninsula, south of the Vindhyas.
- The peninsular India once formed part of the supercontinent which included Australia, Antarctica, Africa and South America.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct ?
- 1 Only
- 2 Only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Ans:- (c) Both 1 and 2
Q.9:- Nine Degree Channel Separates ?
- Car Nicobar and Great Nicobar
- Lakshdweep and Minicoy
- Little Andaman and Car Nicobar
- North Andaman and South Andaman
Ans:- (b) Lakshdweep and Minicoy
Q.10:- Which of the following statements are correct ?
- Assam shares a border with Bangladesh and Bhutan.
- West Bengal shares a border with Bhutan and Nepal.
- Mizoram shares a border with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
Give the numbers of the correct statements ?
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3
- 1 and 3
Ans:- (a) 1, 2 and 3
Q.11:- The Greater Himalayas is otherwise called as ?
- Assam Himalayas
Ans:- (c) Himadri
Q.12:- The name ‘Sahyadri’ is related to :
- A rain-bearing wind
- Himalayan Peak
- Western Ghats
- Cyclone Hazards
Ans:- (c) Western Ghats
Q.13:- Shimsa Hydroelectric station is located in ?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Ans:- (a) Karnataka
Q.14:- Which one of the following rivers does not originate in India ?
Ans:- (d) Sutlej
Q.15:- Which one among the following statements is correct ?
- In summer season, the duration of day is more in northern hemisphere.
- In winter season, the duration of day is more in northern hemisphere.
- In summer season, the duration of day is less in northern hemisphere.
- In winter season, the duration of day is more in southern hemisphere.
Ans:- (a) In summer season, the duration of day is more in northern hemisphere.
Q.16:- ‘Yellow Revolution’ is associated with the production of ?
- Oil Seeds
Ans:- (b) Oil Seeds
Q.17:- The fourth atomic power station is located in ?
- Narora in U.P.
Ans:- (b) Narora in U.P.
Q.18:- Into how many PIN Code Zones is the country divided ?
Ans:- (c) 8
Q.19:- The largest steel plant of the country is ?
Ans:- (b) Bokaro
Q.20:- The state with largest gap in male and female literacy is ?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- (a) Rajasthan
Q.21:- Consider the following :
- Adjutant Stork
- Emperor Penguin
- Rattle Snake
Which of the above is / are naturally found in India ?
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Ans:- (a) 1 Only
Q.22:- What is the minimum age of a person whose photographing, fingerprinting and Iris mapping will be done for the Census of 2011 ?
- 12 Years
- 15 Years
- 18 Years
- 21 Years
Ans:- (b) 15 Years
Q.23:- When was the Geological Survey of India established ?
Ans:- (b) 1851
Q.24:- The East Central Railway zone headquarters is located at ?
Ans:- (b) Hajipur
Q.25:- Which one of the following is the largest producer of Gypsum ?
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Ans:- (d) Rajasthan