Q.1:- Rashtrapatil Bhawan, New Delhi, was designed by ?
- Le Corbusier
- Edwin Lutyens
- ED Stone
Q.2:- Where is the Asian College of Journalism located ?
Q.3:- Hamas is a ?
- Palestinian militant group
- Political wing of the Irish Republican Army
- Terrorist group in Sind, Pakistan
- Militant group in Sri Lanka
Q.4:- The holy shrine of Badrinath lies in ?
- Jammu and Kashmir
Q.5:- What is the study of bird eggs called ?
Q.6:- The twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad are linked together by the ?
- Hussain Sagar
- Ranjit Sagar
- Nizam Sagar
- Nagarjuna Sagar
Q.7:- Who among the following composed ‘Bande Matarama’ ?
- RN Tagore
- Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
- Munshi Prem Chand
- Bharatendu Harishchandra
Q.8:- Hyderabad in Pakistan is located in which of its provinces ?
Q.9:- Belgrade is the capital city of ?
Q.10:- Kelvin is the unit of ?
Q.11:- The ‘Tower of Silence’ is located at ?
Q.12:- Name two research stations maintained by India in Antarctica ? [SSC CHSL Exam 2015]
- Sagar Nidhi and Yamunotri
- Gangotri and Himadri
- Maitri and Bharati
- None of the above
Q.13:- In which state is the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development located ? [IAS Exam 2006]
- Tamil Nadu
- Himachal Pradesh
Q.14:- Largest mint in India is located in ?
Q.15:- Where is Indian Institute of Petroleum located ? [CPO SI Exams 2003]
Q.16:- Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB) is based at ?
- New Delhi
Q.17:- Which one of the following statements is not correct ? [CDS II Exams 2016]
- BrahMos is a supersonic cruise missile made by India and Russia Federation
- The name BrahMos came from two rivers, Brahmaputra of India and Moskva of Russia.
- Indian military scientists were capable of integrating BrahMos cruise missile with Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter
- Defence Research and Development Organisation is the manufacturer of Sukhoi-30 MKI Fighter
Q.18:- Which Indian missile is capable of carrying nuclear weapons ? [IAS Exam 2003]
- None of these
Q.19:- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) functions directly under the ?
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Defence Ministry
- Ministry of Industries
- None of these
Q.20:- Who among the following is known as the father of automobiles ?
- Siegfried Marcus
- Orville Wright
- Karl Benz
- Ferdinand Verbiest
Q.21:- Why do you feel cool under a tree but not so under a tin shed on a sunny day ? [CDS Exam 2011]
- The greenness of the tree gives the cool feeling
- Photosynthesis absorbs heat
- The leaves convert water vapours into, water which is a heat-absorbing process
- The leaves give out water which vaporizes absorbing some heat as latent heat
Q.22:- Who invented the Safety Razor ? [SSC CHSL Exam 2015]
- Steve Cher
- Steve Job
- Lar Strauss
Q.23:- What is the commonly used unit for measuring the speed of data transmission ? [SSC Grad Exams 2011]
- Mega Hertz
- Characters Per Second
- Bits Per Second
- Nano Seconds
Q.24:- What is an organisation’s introductory web page called ? [SSC CGL Exams 2003]
Q.25:- The quality of gasoline sample is determined by its ? [CDS Exams 2001]
- Iodine Value
- Cetane Number
- Octane Number
- Mass Density