Q.1:- Postal Voting is otherwise called ?
- Plural Voting
- Proxy Voting
- Weighted Voting
- Secret Voting
Q.2:- Stability of the Government is assured in ?
- Parliamentary Form of Government
- Presidential Form of Government
- Plural Executive System
- Direction Democracy
Q.3:- According to the Indian Constitution, the vacancy in the office of the President of India shall be filled within :
- 1 Month
- 6 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Year
Q.4:- Who is the Tennis star to become Worl No. 1 seed at the youngest age ?
- Steffi Graf
- Monica Seles
- Chris Evert
- Martina Hingis
Q.5:- What is “Vishva Mohini” ?
- Name for India’s Beauty Queen
- The title given to Lata Mangeshkar for her contribution to music
- An Indian ship
- A famous book on Indian dances
Q.6:- The main function of the World Trade Organization (WTO) is ?
- Enforcing of Uruguay Round Agreements
- Facilitating multilateral trade relations of member countries and reviewing trade policies
- Administering trade dispute settlement procedures
- None of the above
Q.7:- Name the author of the book “A Passage to England” ?
- M. Forster
- Nirad C. Choudhary
- Vikram Seth
- Eric Segal
Q.8:- Which is the long range missile that was tested by Pakistan in the wake of India testing Agni II ?
- Ghauri II
- Shaheen I
- Hatf I
- Hatf II
Q.9:- The Indian Naval Ship being converted into a maritime museum is ?
- Sagar Samrat
- Samrat Ashoka
Q.10:- Prof. Amartya Sen is these days in the news because ?
- He is internationally known as a leading social economist
- He has been awarded ‘Bharat Ratna’
- He is a recipient of Nobel Prize
- All of the above
Q.11:- The first country to legalize medically assisted suicide is ?
- United States
Q.12:- The Baisakhi Festival of the year 1999 is of great historical significance to Punjab because ?
- It commemorates the tercentenary of the foundation of Khalsa Panth
- It being the last such festival of the twentieth century
- Of participation by a large number of Punjabis who are non resident Indians
- None of the above
Q.13:- Exobiology deals with the study of ?
- External characters of living organisms
- Life on the surface of the earth
- Life in the outer layers of atmosphere
- Life in other planets and space
Q.14:- The Social System of the Harappans was ?
- Fairly egalitarian
- Slave Labour based
- Colour (Varna) based
- Caste based
Q.15:- Which of the following Vedas provides information about the civilisation of the Early Vedic Age ?
- Rig Veda
- Yajur Veda
- Atharva Veda
- Sama Veda
Q.16:- The university which became famous in the post Gupta Era was ?
Q.17:- Banabhatta was the court poet of which emperor ?
Q.18:- The first Indian ruler, who established the supremacy of Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea was ?
- Rajaraja I
- Rajendra I
- Rajadhiraja I
- Kulottunga I
Q.19:- The Mughal painting reaches its / zenith during the reign of ?
Q.20:- Permanent Revenue settlement of Bengal was introduced by ?
Q.21:- The father of extremist movement in India is ?
- Motilal Nehru
- Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Vallabhbhai Patel
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Q.22:- The World Bank normally gives ?
- Short term loans
- Medium term loans
- Long term loans
- Medium and long term loans
Q.23:- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) came into existence with ?
- Berlin Conference
- London Conference
- Brettonwoods Conference
- Rome Conference
Q.24:- Multiplier process in economic theory is conventionally taken to mean ?
- The manner in which prices increase
- The manner in which banks create credit
- Income of an economy grows on account of an initial investment
- The manner in which government expenditure increases
Q.25:- Structural adjustment loans given by the World Bank are meant for ?
- Increasing employment in agriculture
- Increasing export earning capacity of the borrower country
- Reducing inequalities of income distribution
- Encouraging capital intensive industries
Q.26:- A financial instrument is called a ‘primary security’ if it represents the liability of ?
- Some ultimate borrower
- The Government of India
- A primary cooperative bank
- A commercial bank
Q.27:- Service cooperatives are ?
- Single purpose societies
- Credit societies
- Marketing societies
- Multi purpose societies
Q.28:- Output at break-even point is that output at which the producer is able to ?
- Recover only operating costs
- Recover total costs
- Wipe out earlier losses
- Earn a normal profit
Q.29:- India’s share in world trade since 1950
- has been rising
- has been constant
- has been declining
- has shown a mixed trend
Q.30:- Animals do not have enzyme systems which enable them to make use of the energy from ?
Q.31:- A clone is a colony of ?
- Cells having different shapes
- Cells having similar shape
- Cells having similar genetic constitution
- Cells having different genetic constitutions
Q.32:- The pollen grains of flowers pollinated by insects are ?
- Smooth and dry
- Rough and sticky
- Rough and dry
- Large and showy
Q.33:- Which one of the following substances is used for preservation of food grains ?
- Sodium Benzoate
- Sodium Chloride
- Potassium Permanganate
Q.34:- The disease caused by Asbestos is ?
Q.35:- In the eye, colour vision is effected by the presence of ?
- Choroid Coat
- Sclerotic Coat
Q.36:- The famous Lagoon lake of India is ?
- Dal Lake
- Chilka Lake
- Pulicat Lake
Q.37:- The splitting of different colours of light in a prism is ?
- Reflection of light
- Dispersion of light
- Diffraction of light
- Refraction of light
Q.38:- Where are most of the earth’s active volcanoes concentrated ?
- Pacific Ocean
- South America
Q.39:- The deflection of the winds to the right in the northern hemisphere is caused by ?
- Revolution of the earth
- Rotation of the earth
- Uneven heating of the earth
- All the above
Q.40:- Which of the following is not one of the important steps in processing tea leaves ?
Q.41:- The Grand Canyon is located on the ?
- Colorado River
- Rhine River
- Tapi River
- Niger River
Q.42:- The Savannah finds its ideal conditions of growth in ?
- Mild and humid climate
- Dry summer and wet winter climate
- Hot humid climate with long dry season
- Hot summer and cool winter climate
Q.43:- What should be the proportion of forest cover for India to maintain her ecological balance ?
- 1 percent
- 2 percent
- 3 percent
- 4 percent
Q.44:- Match List I with List II and find out the correct answer from the codes given below the lists ?
List I (Thermal Power Plants)
List II (Locations)
- West Bengal
- Andhra Pradesh
Q.45:- Which one of the following States/Union Territories of India recorded the lowest density of population in 1991 Census ?
- Arunachal Pradesh
Q.46:- Three of the following pairs are wrong. Find out the correct one ?
- Written Constitution – England
- Unitary State – USA
- UN General Assembly – Veto Power
- SAARC – No Bilateral is sues
Q.47:- In Indian Republic the real executive authority rests with the ?
- Prime Minister
- Council of Ministers
Q.48:- The Secretary – General of the UNO is appointed by the ?
- General Assembly
- Security Council
- Trusteeship Council
- World Bank
Q.49:- Through which principle or device did Gandhiji strive to bridge economic inequalities ?
- Abolition of machinery
- Establishment of village industries
- Trusteeship theory
- None of the above
Q.50:- Governance through trade union organisations is known as ?
- Guild Socialism
- Fabian Socialism