Q.1:- What is the target of the Millennium Development Goal of the United Nations with respect to Universal Primary Education ? [CDS Exam 2011]
- All children both boys and girls would complete a full course primary schooling by 2015
- All children both boys and girls are to be literate by 2050
- All boys should go to school to complete a full course of primary schooling by 2025
- All girls should be enrolled in primary school by 2015
Q.2:- When did India join the International Tsunami Warning System ? [CPO SI Exam 2011]
Q.3:- Stockholm Syndrome is a mental condition experienced by ? [SSC CGL Exam 2002]
- The young persons who take up jobs in the industry after passing out from the Management Schools
- Persons who migrate from rural areas to urban cities, during the earlier stages of their stay
- Drug-addicts in the rehabilitation centres
- Hostages and kidnap victims in which positive feelings develop towards their captures
Q.4:- On which one of the following rivers is the Tehri Hydropower Complex located ? [IAS Exam 2008]
Q.5:- Who said, “The Child is the father of Man” ?
Q.6:- Who invented ‘One-Upmanship’ ?
- Stephen Potter
- Nancy Spain
- Paul Jennings
- Damon Runyan
Q.7:- The first test tube baby ?
- James Hawk
- Steve Jordan
- Louise Brown
- Hawsky Kales
Q.8:- The developer of ‘Suez Canal’ was ?
- Le Corbusier
- Ferdinand De Lesseps
- John Napier
Q.9:- The parliament of Maldives is known as ?
- National Assembly
Q.10:- ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ is the national anthem of ?
Q.11:- Which of the following is the main base of calculation of dearness allowance for the government employees ?
- Consumer price index
- National Income
- Standard of Living
- Per Capita Income
Q.12:- William Booth is the founder to which movement ?
- The Salvation Army
- The Red Cross
- Alcoholics Anonymous
Q.13:- The first atomic power reactor in India was ?
Q.14:- Where is the Computer Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS), a training institution of the Indian Army specializing in unconventional warfare, specially guerrilla warfare, located ? [NDA Exam 2008]
- Vairengte, Mizoram
- Kirkee, Pune
- Raiwala, Dehradun
- Dighi Hills, Pune
Q.15:- Indian Army’s School of Artillery is located at ?
Q.16:- In which one of the following places is the Forest Survey of India (FSI), a national organization engaged in forest cover mapping, forest inventory and training in the field of remote sensing and GIS, located ? [CDS Exam 2009]
Q.17:- Which one of the following statements about the Missile Technology Control Regime is not correct ? [CDS II Exam 2016]
- The Missile Technology Control Regime is an informal and voluntary partnership initially formed among G-7 countries
- Members of the Missile Technology Control Regime prevent the proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle technology capable of carrying above 500 kg payload for more than 300 km
- China applied to join the Regime but members did not offer the membership
- No other country outside the membership follows the Regime rules
Q.18:- Which one of the following is correct ? [CDS II Exam 2016]
- Infantry Regiment is also known as the Mechanized Infantry Regiment
- Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers is subsumed in the Corps of Engineers
- Army Medical Corps and Army Dental Corps are two divisions of the Army Service Corps
- Army has its own Corps of Air Defence
Q.19:- Bicycle Tyres (Pneumatic) was invented by ?
- John Boyd Dunlop
- Claude Minie
- Edouard Michelin
- Joseph F. Glidden
Q.20:- Most of the communication satellites today are placed in a geostationary orbit. In order to stay over the same spot on the Earth, a geostationary satellite has to be directly above the ? [CDS Exam 2011]
- Tropic of Cancer
- Either North or South Pole
- Tropic of Capricorn
Q.21:- Who invented ballpoint pen ?
- John J. Loud
- George Biro
- Jacques Montgolfier
- Joseph F. Glidden
Q.22:- If a potato is placed on a pure paper plate which is white and unprinted and put in a microwave oven, the potato heats up but the paper plate does not. This is because ? [IAS Exam 2010]
- Potato is mainly made, up of starch whereas paper is mainly made up of cellulose
- Potato transmits microwaves whereas paper reflects microwaves
- Potato contains water whereas paper does not contain water
- Potato is a fresh organic material whereas paper is a dead organic material
Q.23:- If the level of atmospheric pollution increases ? [CDS Exam 1999]
- The length of the day will increase
- The length of the day will decrease
- The length of the day will remain the same
- One will not be able to make any prediction about the length of the day purely on the basis of the level of pollution
Q.24:- Who invented the ‘Video Tape’ ?
- Charles Ginsberg
- Richard James
- T. Farnsworth
- Georges De Mestral
Q.25:- The first ‘Thermionic Value’ was invented by ?
- Thomas Edison
- A. Flemming
- Lee De Forest