The glorious land of India has given birth to many great scholars, statesmen, scientists, patriots, generals and artists. In my opinion, Smt. Indira Gandhi will ever remain to be the greatest one.
Smt. Gandhi was born on 19th November 1917 at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. She was the worthy daughter of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India. Her mother Smt. Kamla Nehru was a religious, kind and gentle lady.
Smt. Gandhi got her early education, first in India and Switzerland and thereafter, at “ Oxford University” in England. In England, she met with Shri Feroze Gandhi. She was married with Ferozeji in the year 1941. They had a happy domestic life. She was blessed with two sons Rajiv Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi. However, Indira Gandhi could not enjoy her married life for a long time because Shri Feroze Gandhi left for heavenly abode in 1960 AD.
At the early age of 21 years she joined the Congress. In 1937, she took part in the “Political Movement.” After the partition of the country in 1947, she rendered meritorious services as an active worker with Mahatma Gandhi. She was elected as an M.P. During the attack of Pakistan in 1965 AD, she was the first minister to visit the Indo-Pak front. In 1965, she became the “Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting.” After the death of Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri in 1966, she became the Prime Minister .of India. She held this post till Feb/March 1977. In the General Elections of January 1980 she again came in power. She remained our Prime Minister till she was shot down by her own security guards on 30th October, 1984.
She took many bold steps towards the progress of India. For example, she nationalized the banks, discontinued the ‘privy purse’ of the old kings, and launched the ‘Family Planning Programme’ to solve the fierce growing population problem. Her ‘Twenty Points Programme’ was like the ‘Twenty Sutras’ of the Shrimad Bhagwat Gita. She did a lot of admirable works for the uplift of the poor and the backward.
It was under her able leadership that Pakistan had to face defeat at the hands of India in 1971.
To conclude, she guided the country on the right progressive path.
Explore and Study More Topics
- Independence Day (15th August) : Essay in English Language for Students’ Exams
- Corruption in Public Life : Essay, Paragraphs and Articles in English Language For Schools and Board Exams
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi – Father of The Nation in English For Students
- Importance of Discipline in Life : Essay in English Language For Students
- The Educational Value of Playing Games : English Paragraph (Articles) For Students
- 80 Best Topics for Essay, Paragraph, Article and Speech Writing in English Language
- Role of Newspapers : Full Article & Essay English Language For Students
- Patriotism (My Country / Motherland) : Essay in English Language For Students’ Exams
- Terrorism – An Evil to Humanity Full Essay in English Language For Students
- Modern Indian History Selected Questions and Answers Set 7
- My Ambitions in Life Full Article For Students in English Language
- Value Based Education – A Remedy For Increasing Crime Rate Full Essay in English Language
- Harmful Effects or Hazards of Watching Television (TV) for Children Essay in English Language
- Modern Indian History Selected Questions and Answers Set 10
- Modern Indian History Selected Questions and Answers Set 5
- Indian Economy Selected Questions and Answers Set 4
- General Awareness : SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) TIER I Exam 8th July, 2012 North Zone Second Shift
- Unemployment Causes, Effects & Solutions : Essay Writing in English Language
- Television (TV) A Boon or Bane : English Language Essay, Article, Paragraph For Students
- 50 Best Topics and Examples for Essay Writing in English Language
- Computer and Its Uses, Benefits Full Essay in English Language For Students
- Important International Boundary Lines – General Knowledge Study for Competitive Exams
- GK Notes : List of Biosphere Reserves in India – General Knowledge For Competitive Exams
- Corruption in Public Life : Essay in English Language
- The Role of Students in Removing Illiteracy From The Country
- Government of Uttar Pradesh 2017: Full List of Ministers in Yogi Adityanath Cabinet
- Full List of Engineering Entrance Exams | National and State Universities
- Role of Women in Society in India : Full Essay in English Language
- Example is Better Than Precept Very Short Paragraph in English Language for Schools and Board Exams
- Indian Polity Selected Exams Questions and Answers Set 10
- Love For Animals or Kindness to Animals : Essays, Articles, Paragraphs in English Language
- Useful Links to Prepare for Exam Civil Services, IAS, IPS, SSC CGL, IBPS PO, SBI Clerk and Current Affairs
- SSC CHSC 10+2 Exam 2015 Solved Question Paper | Previous Year Questions Papers
- Solved Paper Canara Bank PO Exam Held On 09-02-2003 : General Awareness
- Work is Worship ( Key to Success ) : Essay Writing in English Language
- List of Famous Indian Books and Their Authors For Competitive Exams
- A Healthy Mind Resides in A Healthy Body : English Articles, Paragraphs, Essay for School Students
- List of the Members of Interim Government of India Formed in 1946 with Their Departments
- Letter to The General Manager of The Delhi Transport Corporation Complaining About The Rude and Rough Behaviour of Bus Conductors
- A Little Knowledge (Learning) is A Dangerous Thing : Essay in English Language