Q.1:- The conduction of electricity through the electrolyte solution is due to ?
- Movement of molecules of electrolyte
- Movement of ions of electrolyte
- Movement of separate atom
- Movement of particles of the solvent
Q.2:- Quantity of electricity is measure in ?
- Ampere second
- Ampere second-1
- Ampere-1 second
Q.3:- The separation of colloidal particles from those of molecular dimensions is called ?
Q.4:- When a strong beam of light is passed through a colloidal solution, the light is ?
- Both a and b
- None of these
Q.5:- The blue colour of water in the sea is due to ?
- Refraction of the blue light by the impurities in sea water
- Scattering of blue light by water molecules
- Refraction of blue sky by sea water
- Absorption of other colours except the blue colour by water molecules
Q.6:- Cyanide process is used for extraction of ?
Q.7:- Which one of the following pairs of materials serves as electrodes in chargeable batteries commonly used in devices such as torchlights, electric shavers etc ?
- Nickel and Cadmium
- Zinc and Carbon
- Lead and Peroxide and Lead
- Iron and Cadmium
Q.8:- The most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust is ?
Q.9:- Which one of the following mineral does not contain Oxygen ?
Q.10:- During the process of electrolytic refining of Copper, some metals present as impurity settle as anode mud. These are ?
- Pb and Zn
- Ag and Au
- Sn and Ag
- Fe and Ni
Q.11:- Which of the following ores contains both calcium and magnesium ?
- Lime stone
- Epsom salt
Q.12:- Which of the following acts as an antidote to HgCl2 poisoning ?
- Yellow of egg
- Egg of fish
- White of egg
Q.13:- The ore of Aluminium is ?
- Chalco pyrites
Q.14:- The metal used for making air crafts and rockets is ?
Q.15:- What is the most reactive metal ?
Q.16:- The process used for removal of hardness of water is ?
Q.17:- The chief one of Aluminium is ?
Q.18:- Which one of the following elements is metalloid ?
Q.19:- The superior type of laboratory apparatus are made of ?
- Sodalime glass
- Hard glass
- Flint glass
- Pyrex glass
Q.20:- Permanent hardness of water is due to the presence of ?
- Sulphates of Sodium and Potassium
- Sulphates of Magnesium and Calcium
- Carbonates of Sodium and Magnesium
- Bicarbonates of Magnesium and Calcium
Q.21:- Which is the best fertilizer ?
- Phospahtic slag
- Triple phosphate
- Super phosphate
- None of these
Q.22:- Brimstone is another name of ?
- Lapis Lazuli
Q.23:- Photographic plates are coated with a film of ?
Q.24:- The coloured discharge tubes for advertisement mainly contain ?
Q.25:- The most abundant elements is ?