Q.1:- Iron obtained from blast furnace is known as ?
- Pig Iron
- Hard Iron
- Wrought Iron
- Soft Iron
Q.2:- Thermal conductivity of Aluminium, Copper and Stainless Steel increases in the order ? [NDA Exam 2015]
- Copper <Aluminium < Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel < Aluminium < Copper
- Aluminium > Copper < Stainless Steel
- Copper < Stainless Steel < Aluminium
Q.3:- Tempered steel is ?
- Hard and Brittle
- Soft and Malleable
- Very Soft
- Neither so hard nor so brittle
Q.4:- Misch metal is ?
- An alloy of Copper
- An alloy of lanthanoid metal
- An alloy of Aluminium
- A mixture of Chromium and Lead Chromate
Q.5:- Corrosion is basically an ?
- Union between light metal and heavy metal
- Electrochemical phenomenon
- Altered reaction in presence of H2O
Q.6:- Which of the following could act as propellant for rockets ?
- Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Nitrogen
- Liquid Nitrogen + Liquid Oxygen
- Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Oxygen
- Liquid Oxygen + Liquid Argon
Q.7:- Which of the following is usually not an air pollutant ? [SSC (Stenographer) Exams 2014]
- Sulphur Dioxide
- Carbon Dioxide
- Nitrous Oxide
Q.8:- Duralumin alloy consists of ?
- Al and Mg
- Al and Ni
- Al, Mg and Ni
- Al, Mg, Mn and Cu
Q.9:- The structure of Boric Acid is ?
- Trigonal Planer
Q.10:- Anhydrous Aluminium Chloride is used as catalyst in ?
- Aldol condensation reaction
- Frie’s rearrangement
- Hofmann’s method
- Friedal craft reaction
Q.11:- Marsh gas contains ?
Q.12:- Boron behaves as a ?
- Transition Metal
Q.13:- Which of the following compounds is formed in the Borax Bead Test ?
- Metal Metaborate
- Boron Oxide
- Metal Boride
- Metallic Boron
Q.14:- Which is pseudo solid ?
- Sodium Chloride
- Calcium Carbonali
Q.15:- An electrician’s solder is an alloy of ?
- Cu and Pb
- Zn and Cu
- Sn and Pb
- Fe and Zn
Q.16:- Cement factory workers are prone to ? [SSC (LDC) Exams 2015]
- Bone Marrow Disease
Q.17:- The catalyst used in manufacture of NO by Ostwald process is ?
Q.18:- Blasting of T.N.T. is made by mixing ?
Q.19:- The mineral element which is essential in Nitrogen Fixation is ?
Q.20:- Which is known as oil of Vitriol ?
Q.21:- H2S2O8 is called ?
- Persulphuric Acid
- Pyrosulphurus acid
- Pyrosulphuric acid
- Dithionic acid
Q.22:- Which of the following is not true about urea ?
- It should be applied at sowing time
- It cannot be used for all types of crops and soils
- The cost of production of urea is low
- It can be stored easily
Q.23:- Concentrated Sulphuric Acid is always diluted by adding ?
- Acid to water
- Phenol to acid
- Water to acid
- Alcohol to acid
Q.24:- The first ever compound of noble gas was prepared by ?
Q.25:- The acid employed for etching of glass is ?