Q.1:- Which was the first antibiotic ?
Q.2:- The element which is the most abundant in the human body is ?
Q.3:- The “Theory of Evolution” was put forward by ?
- Louis Pasteur
- Gregor Mandel
- Charles Darwin
Q.4:- The branch of agriculture which deals with the feeding, shelter, health and breeding of the domestic animals is called ?
- Dairy Science
- Veterinary Science
- Animal Husbandry
Q.5:- Which organ of the body never rests ?
Q.6:- Hay fever is a sign of ?
- Old Age
- Over Work
Q.7:- Hashish is obtained from a plant. From which part of the plant is it obtained ?
- Exudate from leaves and female inflorescence
- Exudate from stem and male inflorescence
Q.8:- Virus contains ?
- Protein and lipid
- Nucleic acid and protein
- Lipid and carbohydrate
- Carbohydrate and nucleic acid
Q.9:- Who amongst the following was awarded Nobel Prize for path breaking contributions to develop treatment against Parkinson’s disease ?
- Arvid Carlsson
- Walter Kohn
- Robert B. Laughlin
- Ferid Murad
Q.10:- Which one of the following is NOT a function of kidney ?
- Regulation of blood pH
- Removal of metabolic wastes from the body
- Production of antibodies
- Regulation of osmotic pressures of the blood
Q.11:- Reserpine is used to ?
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Increase blood pressure when it is low
- Alleviate pain
- Cure arthritis
Q.12:- Which among the following helps in circulation of blood ?
- Blood Platelets
Q.13:- A ‘Breath Test’ used by traffic police to check drunken driving uses ?
- Potassium dichromate sulphuric acid
- Potassium permanganate sulphuric acid
- Turmeric .on filter paper
- Silica gel coated with silver nitrate
Q.14:- A clone is a colony of ?
- Cells having different shapes
- Cells having similar shape
- Cells having similar genetic constitution
- Cells having different genetic constitutions
Q.15:- Which one of the following substances is used for preservation of food grains ?
- Sodium benzoate
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium permanganate
Q.16:- Labourers who do not hard manual labour develop thick skin on their palms and soles due to ?
- Thick epidermis
- Thick dermis
- Thick subcutaneous tissue
- All of these
Q.17:- A rare and endangered animal in Silent Valley is ?
- Musk deer
- Lion tailed macaque
Q.18:- Maximum photosynthetic activity occurs in ?
- Blue and red region of light
- Green and yellow region of light
- Blue and orange region of light
- Violet and orange region of light
Q.19:- The animal which has become extinct recently in India happens to be ?
- Golden cat
- Wooly Wolf
Q.20:- Which one of the following is not a digestive enzyme ?
Q.21:- Which of the following is not required for seed germination ?
- Suitable temperature
Q.22:- Angora wool is extracted from ?
Q.23:- Quantity of fresh air required for a man is ?
- 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 minutes
- 1000 cubic feet of air for every 20 seconds
- 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 minutes
- 1000 cubic feet of air for every 10 seconds
Q.24:- Dehydration in human body is caused due to the loss of ?
Q.25:- Kidney disease in man is caused by the pollutant ?