Q.1:- A test tube baby means ?
- A baby grown in a test tube
- Embryo fertilised in uterus and developed in test tube.
- Embryo fertilised and developed in uterus
- Fertilisation in vitro and then transplantation in the uterus.
Q.2:- Out of the following glands which is referred to as the master gland ?
- Adrenal Gland
Q..3:- Which of the following weeds has been found useful to check water pollution caused by industrial affluents ?
- Elephant Grass
- Water Hyacinth
- Both (A) and (B) Above
Q.4:- In male sharks, Claspers are found attached to ?
- Anal fin
- Pectoral fin
- Pelvic fin
- Ventral fin
Q.5:- Which of the following tests helps in diagnosis of cancer ?
- Urine Test
- Blood Test
Q.6:- The body temperature is regulated by ?
- Pituitary Gland
- Pineal Gland
- Thyroid Gland
Q.7:- Study of field crops is called ?
Q.8:- Who discovered the Cholera Bacillus ?
- Louis Pasteur
- Ronald Ross
- Robert Koch
- Joseph Lister
Q.9:- Two richest known sources of edible protein are ?
- Meat and eggs
- Milk and Vegetables
- Soyabean and groundnut
- Some type of algae and other micro organisms
Q.10:- Which of the following is correlated with blood pressure ?
Q.11:- During dehydration what is the substance that is usually lost by the body ?
- Sodium Chloride
- Calcium Phosphate
- Potassium Chloride
Q.12:- Which are the largest fixator of solar energy ?
- Green Plants
Q.13:- Clove, the commonly used spice, is obtained from ?
- Flower Bud
Q.14:- The cross section of a stem of tree has fifty rings, what is the age of the tree ?
- 50 Months
- 5 Years
- 25 Years
- 50 Years
Q.15:- Which among the following is a large spectrum Antibiotic ?
Q.16:- Which of the following diseases is caused by virus ?
- Whooping Cough
- Ring Worm
Q.17:- Who discovered sex hormones ?
- Eugen Steinach
- Edward Calvin
- Samuel Cohen
Q.18:- Where are the Eucalyptus trees found in abundance ?
- Mizo Hills
- Naga Hills
- Manipur Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
Q.19:- The vitamin which helps in clotting of blood is ?
Q.20:- What is an antibiotic ?
- A chemical compound produced by a living organism that inhibits the growth of other organism.
- A compound synthesized by a living organism that inhibits the growth of microbes.
- A synthetic compound inhibiting the growth of other organisms
- A synthetic compound inhibiting the growth of bacteria
Q.21:- ‘Darwin Finches’ refer to a group of ?
Q.22:- At very high altitude, the Red Blood Corpuscles in the human body will ?
- Increase in size
- Decrease in size
- Increase in number
- Decrease in number
Q.23:- Which of the following is a correct description of ‘tissue culture’ ?
- Conservation of forests and plantation
- Growth and propagation of horticulture crops
- Science of cultivating animal tissue in artificial medium
- Protection of wild animals
Q.24:- Which animal produces the biggest baby ?
- Blue Whale
Q.25:- In which of the following generally hormone is not found ?