Q.1:- What is Medecins Sans Frontiers (MSF) ? [IAS Exams 2006]
- An agency formed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to check misuse of drugs by sports persons
- A non-governmental organization which specialized in international humanitarian aid and emergency medical assistance
- An organisation to develop applications of nanotechnology in medicine
- An organisation of medical practitioners funded by the European Union which carries out research against spread of AIDS
Q.2:- ‘Operation Flood’ refers to ?
- Flood Control
- Increasing production of consumer goods
- Milk production
- Nuclear warfare control
Q.3:- Who is said to be the “Father of the Indian Space Program” ?
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Vikram A. Sarabhai
- K. Kasturirangan
- Satish Dhawan
Q.4:- The Louvre museum is located in ?
Q.5:- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was moved to tears while Lata Mangeshkar sang ______ at a rally in New Delhi in 1963.
- Jana Gana Mana
- Sare Jahan Se Accha
- Aye Mere Vatan Ke Logon
- Bande Mataram
Q.6:- Which living bird lays the world’s largest eggs ?
Q.7:- Mrs. Kiran Bedi is the first woman to get selected as an ?
- IPS Officer
- IES Officer
- IAS Officer
- IFS Officer
Q.8:- “God Save the Queen” is the national anthem of ?
- United Kingdom
Q.9:- When was Sir Isaac Newton born ?
- July 4, 1642
- November 4, 1642
- December 25, 1642
- October 1, 1642
Q.10:- Which is the earliest Engineering educational institution in India ? [SSC CGL Exams 2003]
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- IIT Kharagpur
- Roorkee Engineering College (IIT Roorkee)
- BHU (IIT), Varanasi
Q.11:- Indian Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Science is located at ?
Q.12:- Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) based at Bengaluru was established in ?
Q.13:- Which one of the following statements about reusable space vehicle of ISRO is not correct ? [CDS (II) Exams 2016]
- In June 2016, ISRO successfully launched India’s first reusable space vehicles.
- The space vehicles were launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- The reusable launch vehicle climbed to a height of 65 km before automatically steering back for landing.
- The vehicles were initially boosted by a rocket that contained liquid fuel.
Q.14:- The first Field Marshal of India was ? [SSC CGL Exam 2016]
- S. Vaidya
- M. Cariappa
- H.F.J. Manekshaw
Q.15:- Missile “Astra” is a ?
- Land to Land Missile
- Land to Air Missile
- Air to Air Missile
- Water to Land Missile
Q.16:- Air Force has 5 operational commands (Western, Eastern, Central, Southern, Northern) and ?
- One maintenance command
- One training command
- One maintenance and one training command
- Only 5 operational commands are there in Air Force
Q.17:- Which one of the following is nuclear-capable submarine-launched ballistic missile ? [CDS Exam 2011]
Q.18:- Match (Safety) was invented by ?
- E. Lundstrom (Sweden)
- Edward Butler (England)
- Georges Claude (France)
- Zacharis Janseen (Netherlands)
Q.19:- Rainwater collected after 30 to 40 minutes of raining is not suitable for drinking because it ? [CDS Exam 2011]
- Contains bacteria and dirt
- Contains dissolved toxic chemicals
- Is deficient in minerals
- Is acidic
Q.20:- If Smoking causes Oxygen deficiency in the body because of ? [SSC CGL Exam 2010]
- Increase in SO levels in blood
- Decrease in O2 content in blood
- Increase in CO and CO2 contents in blood
- Increase in only CO content in blood
Q.21:- Regular intake of fresh fruits and vegetables is recommended in the diet since they are a good source of antioxidants. How do antioxidants help a person maintain health and promote longevity ? [IAS Exam 2011]
- They activate the enzymes necessary or vitamin synthesis in the body and help prevent vitamin deficiency
- They prevent excessive oxidation of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in the body and help avoid unnecessary wastage of energy
- They neutralize the free radicals produced in the body during metabolism
- They activate certain genes in the cells of the body and help delay the ageing process
Q.22:- Force of deflection was first discovered by ?
Q.23:- Which one of the following is an example of vestigial organ in man ? [CDS Exam 2009]
- Jaw Apparatus
- Ear Muscles
- Canine Teeth
Q.24:- Which one of the following is a programme that converts high level language to machine language ? [CDS Exam 2008]
Q.25:- Who of the following has written the book ‘Between the Lines’ ?
- Kuldeep Nayyar
- S. Naipaul
- Prem Bhatia